Monday, January 26, 2015

Backpacks as a Threshold (and easy pattern)

A Threshold to the  world can be opened in many ways and education is one we can easily take for granted but education (especially for girls) is not so easy to obtain in some parts of the world.  I loved when I was young and it was time to get new school supplies.  I get the same feeling when I am making backpacks for Lutheran World Relief School kits and buying supplies to pack in them.  Each year my church inter generational project sees us bringing supplies, women/men sewing bags and children packing them.  This year I made 20 bags and bought supplies to donate for them.  Found sale material for $3.00 a yard and asked my local ACE Hardware to donate clothes line for stringing them and they did. Pic of two of them.  LUTHERAN WORLD RELIEF SCHOOL KITS  (Click to the Threshold)
The pattern for the backpacks is super easy and I have used it for gifts and made them for grands too.  I also made some for a women's retreat and they were a big hit packed with goodies. I love an easy pattern with a cute finish. 
Back pack pattern (click for pattern)

No comments:

Post a Comment