Thursday, April 25, 2019

Flamingo is Abound with Pink

 I dso enjoyed a wonderful weekend of sewing with my peeps in March and I started a fun Flamingo quilt. I think I know where this might end up but no matter it was a super fun quilt see come to life. 
 This was a free pattern done in 2.5" squares. It is a large quilt but the flamingo is spectacular and makes me smile. I love the material choice and remember when I found it. I found the pattern and one day as we were traveling went to a quilt shop is Boise, Idaho (Quilt Expressions) and saw the flamingo fabric and it screamed BUY ME...perfect. I bought the amount the pattern called for plus a yard. I am glad I bought the extra and since this purchase was 2 yrs ago I know I will never see this again anytime soon. I love Moda Grunge and the pick was just the right thing for the Flamingo with its shading of pink hews. I would make this pattern again if the occasion ever calls  for a great flamingo.

Getting the head together.


Fun top finish..well still need the eye appliqued on and to get it quilted.



Fun Flamingo Quilt
©2017 Flamingo Toes Designs - Pattern is for personal use only. Do not sell or distribute pattern. flamingotoes.com  
Fabric: Timeless Treasures FAbric of SOHO, LLC  Fun-C5473 

No comments:

Post a Comment