The grapes from the last post are ready to go so I started working on the grape leaves. These were fiddly so decided to do the Sharon Schamber stabilizer method of tuning with glue down and am happy I did as they would have not gone so fast if just needle turning. Sharon's Secret Foundation link
|15 cut and ready to turn onto the stabilizer|
I am using the embroidery method to secure just to give some play to the leaves. This is not as easy or quick as I had thought with the small ins and outs of the leaves but pushing forward gets me to where the end will come and they will be done. It is still quicker than needle turn yet the glue down of the edges took a lot of patience and time and wine. The end result is so worth the effort but at the time I wondered if the glue down would ever end.
The leaves are all secured and the veins completed on each.
The wreath looks fab and I am happy with the results. Grapes are next and I am starting to experiment with placement.