Thursday, February 11, 2021

Table Topper Twice Cut

 I was privileged to take a workshop with Jenny Haynes by zoom and learn all the tricks and tips on her Twice Cut Drunkards Path pattern. I love curves and I love to sew curves so this was fun and very satisfying to see come together. Who does not love a great workshop leader like Jenny Haynes. Her ability to make you feel she is right in the room with you and her professional camera set up are exquisite. I love everything about this pattern and the fun finish it gives.      Jenny Haynes  

pappersaxsten.com   #twicecutdrunardspath  

My color choice and fabric was to give an outer space vibe. I had all the fabric in my stash! I did not want to spend a lot in case I was totally terrible and  this all went into the trash. 

I made my own templates from freezer paper (she does sell super nice templates) and with all my applique experience those freezer paper templates worked for me just fine. NOTE: I did buy her templates after this finish because I look forward to making a lot more of her patterns with this. I also look forward to seeing how my Accuquilt drunkards path dies can be used to make different sizes. Looks like a lot of future fun experimenting with different ways to cut. 

I quilted with straight lines on the ends that can hang off the table. I kept the movement by echo quilting the curved piecing and kept the thread colors simple and low visual. I like the way the movement was kept and the finished runner met my expectations. 

Yes the binding is done and it looks like a great place for an out of this world meal.










Bon Appetite







1 comment:

  1. Wowza - I love this! And it matches your plates - how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete