Sunday, October 24, 2021

Zipper Bag Exchange

Mid Cities Modern guild had a zipper bag exchange. I had been wanting to make the Becca Bag for a while and this was a good time to break out the pattern I purchased and see what it was all about. This bag has you use one side of the zipper only to put in the top. I was so delighted with the finish. I did have a bit of a round about on getting the pull back on but when I figured out not to cut it the way the pattern said on the zipper and just let it be long, put the pull on then cut all was so much easier for me. When the pattern had me cut the zipper tape the exact size of the top I found it did not allow me enough room to fiddle with getting the pull back on. Then my light bulb moment...leave it long, put the pull on then cut made it work for me. I LOVE this bag and how it sits up, holds a lot and looks stylish and cute. It is "lined" but the seams are not under the lining. My rotary cutter and other small sewing items do not seem to mind that. I know my partner liked her bag in her colors of blue and green. Yes I will make more as these will be fun gifts and use fabric my stash has in it. I bought extra zipper pulls so I can use both sides of the zipper. Thank you Lazy Girl for a fun pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment