Monday, November 29, 2021

Something Out of Things I Have-- Christmas decor

 I wanted to update the dining room Christmas decor items and decided I would not buy anything but dig deep into the boxes and find treasures. And I did! The ribbon I know I have had for at least 25 years as I bought it a few years after we moved into the house. This ribbon has been a lot of things...bows for the bannister, bows for a tree, garland for a chandelier, and probably a few other things. I love a good wire ribbon as you can undo, straighten out and use again and again. This time it will be trees and a wreath. Hiding in the bottom of a box of decorations were 10 strings of beads never opened with the receipt of 8 years ago for a penny each and came from Joann's (must have been a great sale table item). This is what I came up with:

things I found to recycle and a few more things as I went along not shown here

 





My box of "sharps" that are being discorded, perfect for this project. No glue gun was used.





I like the new decor with elegant yet simple look. Now for my next project, need another stocking for our newest Great Grand. Holidays are such fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment