Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Qiviut



My trip to Alaska last year found me at the Oomingmak Musk Ox Producer's Co-opertive drooling over the finely hand knit items.  I just had to have one so I bought a Toksook Bay Nelson Island (diamond) pattern SmokeRing hand knitted by Trisha M Brooks.  I had no idea how much I would love this purchase!  Who knew it would become my go to for winter?  This exquisite fiber is very rare and one of the finest fibers in the world.  It compares favorably with Cashmere and Vicuna.  It has no barbs and does not scratch like wool (I can say it is so soft).
This SmokeRing is so warm that it seems to keep my whole body warm even though it is just around my neck.  It looks great with sweaters, jackets, and I have to say even my PJ a few times that I was cold (I did not sleep in it, but it was tempting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment