Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MQG Riley Blake Challenge

My Modern Quilt Guild participated in the Riley Blake fabric challenge and I took a packet...
The rules were you could add solids and it had to be at least 15" square quilted and finished.  I decided to use a pattern I had from the internet.  Circle of Squares  I chose solids and made the 6 blocks.  I wanted to make something other than just a quilt.  I quilted each block using different decorative stitches and putting the color name in the center.




 After seeing them completed I decided to make a cube for a fun thing and just not the usual.  I have made so many soft blocks for baby showers and I love the ease of them and the reactions of people that are amazed at how they are made.
 It was a fun challenge and I love the pattern and will use it again for sure.  My quilt guild had a great time and lots of creative finishes....
Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild  January 2014
Riley Blake Challenge Participants 

No comments:

Post a Comment