Friday, June 29, 2018

Scraps and Small Work Together

Design is all about being flexible and going with change as it presents itself. Vision can make one do a little sewing that is little parts. Working on a secret round robin project has me now doing 2"squares with 1" snowball corners. Originally I envisioned these would be 4.5" squares with 2.5" corners but as things progressed I could see that just did not look great and so this is now it...but could it all change again? NO, well maybe.
These are one inch and cut from scraps that luckily I will have just enough to eeeek out what I need.

All for these XandO cuties but still working on design of the entire concept - it could all change again?     
 I love doing this kind of quilting where you have to dig deep about what you know about a person and how you want to show love to them through your work. It is challenging and fun. FUN


3 comments:

  1. Eeeee - that IS working small with those one inch squares. Terrific fabric btw. These sorts of projects are good challenges with lots of meaning for motivation. Good to hear you are having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you your art walk work was so over the moon. glad we are both motivated to create.

      Delete
    2. Gee, thanks Mary! Quilting offers such a variety of styles and approaches, I'm so grateful to have it as a creative outlet, whether I'm creating art quilts or more traditional work. I used to do more challenges than I do now, and remember how good it was for me personally to work on them. We only grow through challenges!

      Delete