Wednesday, July 11, 2018

HOW I Can Make a Difference

It is that time of year where we are preparing to leave on our 4 month RVing trip. It is overdrive time to get my charity sewing rounded up and ready to move out the door. So today I did that and ended up with:

Lutheran World Relief School Bags -- 22 of them just need to get the "rope" to make the ties

10 small pillow cases for Cook Children's Hospital to take to Mid Cities Modern Quilt Guild for charity project

14 Three Yard Cuts for Lutheran World Relief Fabic Kits. Each kit has 2 3 yrd cuts and 2 spools of thread.
It is the icing on the cake that all of the items here were from my stash. Yes, all those 3 yrd cuts were from fabric over time I had bought on sale that I had imagined may be used as backs, but when they just sit it is time to move them to where they can do the most good. There will always be more sale fabric for backs. I can imagine a woman learning to sew and maybe start a business that would help to give her independence and income rather than sitting in my stash.  The is HOW I know I can make a difference.
Check this off the pre RVing trip list.

No comments:

Post a Comment