Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Modern Quilt"

When my local quilt shop had its annual "ugly fabric" challenge, I always love to participate.  I got my brown bag and as usual wrote on the outside my personal challenge as to what theme would be taken on. I wrote "Modern Quilt".  I wanted to break away from my usual and use more geometric pattern with fun color and funky quilting.  My fabric was a nice geometric with lots of green/pink coloring I used in some of the squares.  I found a pattern on the internet from the Modern Quilt Guild site then purchased material that certainly was fun and had great color compliment for the background.  The quilting I did in a handdyed  yarn with chunky stitches and tied in intervals.  I had so much fun making the quilt and seeing the squares float.  

No comments:

Post a Comment