Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHER'S DAY 2012


I LOVED MY FATHER SO MUCH.  I was most certainly a daddy's girl.  He was a man who took seriously taking care of his wife and kids and never once made it seem like it was too much or anything but pure joy to do.  My father Max Charles Fisher was a self made man.  He was an engineer for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company and he did not graduated college.  He loved sailing, tinkering with electronics.  He really loved sailing and his Snipe and Lighting sailboats were at the Lake Worth Sailing Club where he enjoyed his passion for sailing.  We were best pals and did so much together like hunting for resisters to use in his electronic tinkering.  He taught me to read the codes and dig in the bins to get the ones he needed for his projects.  He taught me morris code, how to sail, how to use a slide rule, how to drive, how to read graphs, how to love math/algebra, how to never say I can't do that because I was  girl, how to love, how to listen and make critical decisions, and live life to never look back and wonder...should I have?  My dad is always in my heart.  Gosh even after 45 years that he has been gone I still hear his voice and feel his hugs.  My dad ---- not enough words......Thank you God for  letting me be his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment