Thursday, December 27, 2012

Knit Hat...wrong yarn?



A simple knit hat but the yarn is so scratchy...Not sure it will get much wear but it is super warm.  The yarn was a wool that I got on my trip to Vermont, just can't find the ball band to know what it is.  I know it was from a Vermont sheep farm and was spun in Vermont.  Sometimes knitting can seem like a great fit with pattern and yarn and then it does not turn out exactly as planned.  At least that is my knitting novice issues. I certainly know how to knit, just don't always know what I am doing.  Got for Christmas three really super books by Clara Parkes: The Knitter's Book of Yarn, The Knitters Book of Wool and The Knitters Book of Socks.  The books are an easy read and I am finding them full of really great information, text book stuff that I need to absorb and take my knitting to a better place in yard choice.  Off to read more of my books...Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment