Sunday, December 16, 2012

Quick Gifts for Christmas

I love using what I have and not doing a lot of fuss or work.  I find sting piecing a perfect way to use what I have and it is not fussy or a lot of work.  Sewing straight and trimming is as easy as it gets.  I had a lot of scrapes from a Christmas quilt I did last year.   I can say for sure the fabric line that gave away the free pattern for the tree quilt made sure you had to buy a lot of material and then you wasted a lot of it in the cutting.  The quilt was extra cute, but golly the fabric left behind.  So, hot pads were perfect and string piecing perfect....a marriage in the making.  I used muslin for the base for the string piecing, cutting 4 1/2" squares.  Using the squares to make a four patch; using insulated batting between and simple quilting together with a fast binding on the machine.  Christmas Hot Pad!








5 comments:

  1. Very pretty hot pad. I love the scrappy look and the colors are beautiful. Thanks for linking up with CTTY. Hope to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hot pad! A great use for those scraps. It looks like fun, I'll have to try one for next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool. You wouldn't happen to have any tutorial or step-by-step guide I could use, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the pattern for these. Or a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not have a tutorial. thanks for the interest!

    ReplyDelete